Friday, 15 June 2012
1. The ship was going too fast, showing off to get to New York a day early.
2. Reversing the engines and turning to the side caused the collision.
3. They missed the warnings about ice more than once; too busy sending messages for rich folks.
4. They cancelled the life boat drill.
5. There were only enough lifeboats for half of the people.
6. The lifeboats left without being filled.
7. The warning flares they sent up were the wrong colour.
8. The nearest ship had finished taking messages for the night.